Tokendrop is an amazing startup out of the bay area that solves the problem of aggregating airdrops for crypto enthusiasts. Crypto nerds everywhere can rejoice that there is finally an app that allows them to easily and efficiently find new and exciting airdrops right at your fingertips.
What’s an airdrop?
An airdrop for a cryptocurrency is a procedure of distributing tokens by awarding them to existing holders of a particular blockchain currency, such as Bitcoin or Ethereum.
Why they are visionaries?
Airdrops are hard to find and even hard to keep track of. With Tokendrop you get to just sit back and let them handle everything for you. There was a huge need for this app and they clearly have the passion, expertise and vision required to build a truly unique and useful app.
- Cocoa Touch
- CircleCI for build automation
- Git Hub
- Rest API
Token drop needed a top tier developer and they needed to get to market as soon as possible. Once they found some funding they realized how hard this was. It is crazy to think that a funded start up can’t find a local developer in the silicon valley/ the bay area to deliver an MVP. That is where Sledge Dev came in. Our lead iOS developer Barrett was able to come in and deliver an MVP in a short 4 weeks we were able to deploy to the app store.
Top Tier Talent and Expertise
Since developing apps since iOS 4 Barrett was able to reliably set the scope as well as give expert guidance on which features we would be able to fit into the MVP. Once scope was set we quickly laid out an awesome app architecture that would easily allow any developer or team steep into the project quickly and be able to build new features. The token drop team also leaned heavily on our experience to determine which features to build out first, and what would provide the most bang for their buck.
Tight deadline and strict requirements
Like all of Sledge Dev’s clients there were several key requirements and deadlines that had to be meet to fulfill the clients needs. We were able to accommodate their specific needs by:
- Determine project requirements and help plan scope of MVP
- Deliver quailty code and create a new build every week of new features
- Have developer meet for daily stand up meetings and report any issues/ blockers they are having
- Set up the apps initial app architecture so when they are ready for an in house developer they know they have a solid foundation to build new features upon
- Have MVP completed before deadline so they could demo app at a popular crypto conference.
- Quickly pivot any features or requirements based on user feedback once the app was released on the app store
- Integrate into their founders core team and work well with other developers and designers without hand holding
- Set up build automation that allows for automatically uploading new builds to the app store