Not sure where to begin with a new project or app?
With the sofiticaticon of most apps in the market place today it is amazing how complicated and expensive your website or application can get. It is important before diving into a huge project for you to know what is the best tech stack, and what features are the most cost effective for your minimum viable product.
Gather Requirements & Set Scope
We will work with you to find out exactly what you want your feature, app or website to function. Once we determine what we want the app to do we can start researching what technologies are required to achieve the functionality and come up with several options that will fit your organizations needs based on team structure, pricing and talent availability.
While we are working on research we can additional start the UI/UX process and create wireframes that will help flush out any missing requirements. We can leverage tools like Invision and Sketch to make interactive wireframes that bings your ideas to life so we can visually see flows and spot any major UI/UX flaws early and easily.
Create a backlog with estimates
Once requirements are gathered and basic wireframes are set we can start creating your backlog. We will break down the requirements into themes, initiatives, epics, stories:
- Stories, also called “user stories,” are short requirements or requests written from the perspective of an end user.
- Epics are large bodies of work that can be broken down into a number of smaller tasks (called stories).
- Initiatives are collections of epics that drive toward a common goal.
- Themes are large focus areas that span the organization.
Once your project is broken down into individual stores we are able to accurately estimate effort and costs for your app’s functionality. This is a really powerful tool that allows you to pick and choose what features we want to focus on based on how much each feature will cost vs what you think is most important for your MVP.
Let development begin!
The tech stack is selected and the backlog is in place. Now its time to get started with development. Sledge Dev has a variety of development options available to make sure you project stays on budget and maintains your timeline.
- Project Management – If you have a couple in house developers but are unable to meet deadlines and goals we can stay on as your PM. With our years of experience in development and managing remote teams we are able to identify what delays your team from meeting their deadlines.
- Part Time Development – This option is perfect for smaller teams that need to supplement development needs but already have an established project managers in place to manage team deadlines.
- Full Time Development – If you don’t have an in house team or they are too swamped with existing features we can design and build you application from start to finish using the highest standards. We have proven results for clients all over the world and know there isn’t a project too larger or small for us to tackle.